Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Fall Colours...and Other Stuff

Okay, so it seems I've now joined the elite few... and received one of those "anonymous" messages that dubbeth me an absentee blogger!

Uncle I say! I have no excuse... but alas, here I am and here are a few thoughts about things I really love right now.

- I love the colours of fall... and the feeling of the coming winter

- I love the rain (yes I really do!).. especially when the wind comes along to dance with it

- I love the pumpkins everywhere

- I love the smell of the woodsmoke in the air from ye olde fashioned wood burning fireplaces

- I love driving home from work.... the anticipation of just being home..seeing my wife and our sweet golden retriever...while braving the windy rain, and watching the colours of fall and the mist hopping the trip tops while whiffing all that lovely wood smoke.

Ah yes... tis a grande time of the year!

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger ~WandererShe~ said...

Hot cocoa and rubber boots full speed ahead!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger saint said...

As cliche as it may seem, my favourite time of year would have to be summer. Lots of daylight, low heating bills, no jogging in torrential rains, no hydroplaning. I used to try to convince myself that winter was my favourite, just to be different or something.. but I just can't deny I am not a cold-weather kind of person for the most part. Maybe if I had a hummer to drive to work I would be.. and a better heating system in my house! :)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger ~WandererShe~ said...

I want to drive a hummer! yahoo let's go get one! I love winter but the passion for it has weakened since living in our dungeon I agree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home